Thursday, July 29, 2004

OMG today was a long one...Chris went into work late so logic would dictate that he will be home late..like after midnight late ACK!!! I am so not used to being alone much anymore...and frankly my company kinda sux lol.. with my border still in camp, my daughter at her dad's the evening is the worse if Chris isnt here. So to pass some time I made my recipe for AMISH BREAD PUDDING...haven't made it in ages and I had planned to make it last week with all my company here but it just didnt happen. Chris hasn't tasted it yet so when he gets home he will have a treat.
 
Speaking of treats...one of the great ideas we had last week among us ladies was for each of us to make a meal while they were here..( as Rae stated in one of her comments) ..man what a terrific idea, first night as u all read, I had pizza waiting ..but the next night I gave them a Lasagna supper with fresh garden salad and garlic bread...then next night we were out sight seeing and ate at a resturant..then Anna made a delicious chicken dish with an awesome rice dish, typically puerto rican is flavour   omg yumm yumm ...next day was out again..then Rae made some deliriously good homemade macaroni and cheese, I don't know how many cheeses she put in there but man it was good..and we all got a huge ass steak to grill on the bbq to go with it..next night we were out..then last night Shan made a terrific and humungous meat loaf (or should I say mountain) we served with corn on the cob and I made my famous mashed potatoes that she loved so much at xmas when she came...so all that made for great meals by all and sure helped on the budget with everyone pitching in that way...besides the obvious joy in cooking for others and getting to taste things u might not have tasted before...I can't remember who's idea it was, but man, I really recomment it to others if they have lots of company coming, gives all a pleasure in helping out and in creating something and ofcourse sharing it among friends.
 
Another great idea, yes I will regail u with more lol...was for all 4 of us to go through our old or new but never used makeup and mostly clothes, to then bring them all here to go through and see what fit who and who wanted what lol...It sure gave me a great incentive to purge my closet full of clothes I hadn't worn in forever... all that wasn't taken would all go to a woman's shelter. We all got something out of it , some more then others...Rae totally cleaned up and so did Anna's mom lol assuming ofcourse that her mom likes what Anna picked out for her..wich was mostly some things I had that were flowery that her mom likes in general, and some pieces that I made myself back in the day I couldnt afford to buy clothes......let me also add they all got a good laugh at some of these WELL CONSTRUCTED CONCOCTIONS!!! due to my um absolutely UNIQUE choice in fabrics...that I chose at a time when I didn't even know I was colour blind...believe it or not lol, or the mere fact that it was cheap materials may have led me astray as to its actual feasablility being used as a shorts and vest set...I believe Rae's actual words were..THATS THE FUCKING UGLIEST THING I HAVE EVER SEEN !!!!........omg we almost all pissed ourselves laughing at one point or another during this swap...I for one will never forget it lol, it was to funny for words sometimes...and to have done all that , have a  terrific  side aching laughter session with 3 great ladies ..and have a huge load of clothes to send to a shelter to help other women to boot...beats all else for sure...............antoher thing I recommend for sure if ever u get together with a few friends. .....Well thats all for today , my man just got home after doing an extra 2 hours overtime and I passed some time on here waiting for him by reliving some great moments from last week. You should see the big smile I have on my face lol....talk to u later..............xoxoxox

No comments: