Wednesday, June 21, 2006

WEDDING FAVORS

Now that it is all over, I can show u what our wedding favors were. I looked at all that was out there as far as favors go and frankly , as much as I thought some were lovely...most were just cheap crap or anything worth giving was too expensive.
I wanted something unique but special. I got the idea last yr when I saw something similar and decided to run with it. All the pieces other then the rocks ofcourse, can be reused so all together I thought we had something nice to give all our guests.
Given we were the 3rd generation in my family to marry on this date, I thought it was an extra special reason to make it magical in a sense.
Like an old tradition of sorts with mystical powers entwined.

We found some lovely chinese satin pouches. They had little pockets inside that could be used for jewelry...they were big enough to hold the small boxes.
This is what they looked like Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Inside they found this little booklette made by Chris and I. Do u recognise the pic on it?Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
They were all bilingual. The first page explains what they were all about.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Under the booklette they found a box which protected another box that was a lovely red wood box.Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This satin lined box held the precious wish stones. Each colour stone signifyed a
different wish ie; black was for strength. They were all explained in the pages of the booklette. There was 5 stones in all.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I hope everyone liked the idea. I thought it was different and would be something to remember us by. We purposely used brownish paper for the little booklettes with jute string and ripped the edges and aged them with tea to make them look kind of old to sort of go with the theme of magic and tradition etc.
I was so nervous when I had the mic in my hand at the beginning of the reception I totally blew half of what I had planned to say in explaining the favors. So worried we would say the same in french then english, we missed parts bla bla bla lol...I hope the favors spoke for themselves in the end lol. I hope they liked the basic idea anyway lol.

6 comments:

reesie said...

aaawwwww what a sweet thought for your family and guests!! very thoughtful

Anna said...

Neener, neener, neener...I've got one of those and I went all the way to Montreal to get it!

I thought they were unique and very beautifully done. They were the perfect favors for your magical day. I'll treasure mine forever.

I haven't used any of my stones yet because I want to make some really good wishes so I'm still thinking about it ;).

Plus I got an extra stone from your father-in-law that gives me an added wish ;).

*hugs*

The Witch Doctor said...

well coming from one of your lovely attendees and being a magickal sort myself... ;)

I can honestly say hun... I loved it... the idea, the presentation... everything... and when I steal the idea at mine.. I hope it looks half as beautiful as yours did... *big grin*

and you were just fine on the mic... both you and your nerves did great :D

Anonymous said...

I thank you for mine. Even though I couldn't be there. I will always treasure it...love you, Fran

Ramona said...

That is the most unique, and thoughtful wedding favour I have ever seen!

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea for gifts. I am sure when you look back on your wedding many years from now you will still know how blessed both of you are. My prayers and thoughts are with both of you always.

Cindy