Thursday, September 20, 2007

MY BABY IS 17 TODAY!


It's hard to believe that it's been 17 yrs already. Looking back at moments in time seem so fast and fleating like the blink of an eye. Other times seem eons ago. The paradox of time does that to our brain as we look at lifetimes and moments in a thought.


I look at my daughter Cleo and see a young women blooming with promise and future. As difficult as this passage in adolesence has often been for us all...there have also been many terrific moments of laughter, closeness and growing.


I glimse so many layers of the chrysalis peal away as she becomes a woman... seeing her learn hard lessons, feel different sorts of love, is lifted by new enlightenments. All this while still being the little girl inside that we so loath at that age and stive to maintain when we get older.


I am filled with the deep love of a mother as I look at the beauty that is my daughter....I love who she is and who she is becoming....I look forward to watching the paths she takes...the choices she makes...good and bad..We have all been there and hopefully learned from the lessons we took away with us.


I will also always see the little girl inside the woman. I will always cherish the memories of her at my breast..her asking a million questions when she was a toddler and her still present silliness when she is at her best.


Je t'aime ma belle coquotte...avec tout mon coeur....0x0x ta Maman.


Cleo and the dogs Cleo, 17 yrs old today Cleo...17 today


BONNE FÊTE MA BELLE!!!!!!

16 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You have a lovely beautiful daughter and I wish her a VERY VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I love this post and it shows how much love you have for your dear little girl, now...Almost A Woman!

Anna said...

Happy Birthday Cleo

She looks so grown up now and absolutely gorgeous (like her mother).

She does know she'll be marrying Josh later in life, right?

Don't worry too much about the language barrier, they'll get passed it and make us some beautiful grandkids....when they're 30!

*laughs*

November Rain said...

Michelle sent me over...

I have to say I so understand.. My son just turned 19 (how did it happen he was jsut a baby)

my daughter will turn 17 in nov and I feel like I have lost moments that I will never have again bit I know there are new moments of joy coming

Pat said...

Happy Birthday to a lovely daughter. Alas I never had one but my sons kept me fully occupied.

Granny Annie said...

Cheers to your precious jewel. Happy Birthday Cleo!

BreadBox said...

Bonne fete, Cleo! What a beautiful young girl, Moon --- I am sure you are very proud of her! May she always make you smile at how good a job you did of guiding her to becoming a woman!

Michele sent me today,
N.

Pat said...

Here agin Moon from Michele's. Was it a lovely birthday? And does she feel much older now?

Bobkat said...

Wishing your beautiful daughter a wonderful birthday. I can tell how proud you are of her from your lovely tribute to her.

Thanks for the visit to my blog. Your kind words were greatly appreciated.

-E said...

I hope her birthday was wonderful. My little cousin just turned 17 on the 18th and it baffles me that the time has flown.

I wandered over from Michele's and hope your weekend is a good one.

Karen said...

She's definitely a beauty! I can see why you're so proud. It's so bittersweet how fast they grow up, and yet you'd never want anything different for them - sigh.

Here via Michele's. Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hey there Moon! Here's whishing your daughter a (belated) HAPPY B-DAY!
She's gorgeous btw ;o)

Love to you all and see you soon @ Lunanoo ;o)

Mirjam (Pera)

JustSue said...

17? Already? No! That can't be!! (Simply because that means WE are all getting OLDER too!!!)

Happy Birthday Cleo!

Star said...

Daughters are amazing. I have three. Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl. Thanks for visiting my blog, and for your comment. AANd, congrats on the size 14. keep up the good work!!

carmilevy said...

Bonne fete to a young woman who is so obviously surrounded by the warmth and love of family.

I'm touched to see such closeness in your words. I wish more families could be like yours.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hope your dear daughters birthay was perfect!

Thanks so very much for your really lovely comments on my blog. It means a kot to me and I thank you with all my heart.

Bobkat said...

Hi Moon. Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm glad you liked my Vienna photos. There are more to come!

Hope your daughter had a great birthday :)