Sunday, December 14, 2008

IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN

My caligraphy



It's that time of year again...Above is a sample of my hand done caligraphy. My most satifying moment during this time is when I have mailed out all my xmas cards and parcels. It's like a total load off lol.


I actually cut my xmas card list down this year...I only sent out 34..as compared to close to 60 last year. I guess it was time....when you send a card for years and never get one back or even get any news from some ppl, it's time to stop lol. We get in such a habit with such things..we forget to take stock.


NOt to say I only send out a card to recieve one back. I understand that some ppl just aren't into it. If I get a call to say hello, or get an email catching up with me...it's basically about staying in contact. I realized that I had many family and so called friends, on my card list that I haven't even heard from in years...or really never made any sort of effort...I guess I just kept it up out of some sort of personal loyalty. That's done! lol...and I saved over 25$ in stamps!


Cards to me are like a gift of a pretty card and our time ...as I have said before....The time it takes to write a quick word inside, address the envelope, we are thinking of that person. I always put a xmas letter in my cards...and I do the address on the envelope in caligraphy. It's a hobby of mine and I think it just adds a nice touch of special to each envelope.


If it's a card I give personally, I just put the name and then do gold highlights and swirlys to embellish it all, as I did in the above photo.


So there you have it....


Do you have any special personal touches you do for certain things? If so, please share.

9 comments:

Star said...

Those cards are beautiful ! That is a talent. My reguar handwriting is illegible. This year I thought I would just send cards out to the people who are in my life all the time, and not to those I thought I was just exchanging cards with. Up to now the cards I have gotten were from the people I didn't send to. Wish i could make mine as pretty as you do.

kenju said...

Your cards are beautiful, Moon. I can print well, but not like that!

I have almost quit sending cards. My husband does most of them and I send a few, but I'm sad to say that my heart's not in it like it used to be.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I agree with you that each card is like a little personal gift/ltr....Because you ARE thinking of the person as you write them....It is indeed, Time Consuming...but, It makes me feel good!
Your Caligraphy is BEAUTIFUL! And THAT too, makes the card very very special!

Melody said...

Gorgeous cards! Nice calligraphy...

I have stopped the whole card thing because I was sending out so many and only getting a small handful in return. And besides, in the UAE I would have no idea what a post office looks like and no one has home addresses! Bizarre...

Pat said...

I wish I had the talent and patience to make cards for special friends but I always write a message and sometimes a letter.

Anonymous said...

I not only love the card, but the letter that goes with the card, a lot of time and effort and creativity go into both and it's always appreciated.

Anna said...

I got my card! The letter was funny as always, I love the way you write. Like I told you on the phone, the cards seem to get prettier every year. They all look so nice displayed on the entertainment center.

I did actually do cards again this year...I know two years in a row, hanging with you is rubbing off! They will be late of course because they just went out.

*Hugs*

Travelin'Oma said...

Your calligraphy is beautiful. Have a fun Christmas in your frozen north pole!

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to be able to do that but if you saw my handwriting you'd know why it has never happened.

I do agree about Christmas cards though. I like to write a letter, include a photo, and pick out a really nice card because I figure if I'm going to spend nearly 50 cents mailing each card, it should have something of substance in it. A good time to connect and catch up.