Thursday, April 29, 2010

SHE MADE THE CUT!!

My daughter got the official confirmation today! She made the cut! For one of the hardest programs to get into in the Univercity of Quebec in Montreal (UQAM).....Only 20 students chosen each year to be part of a 3 year bachelors program in arts...precisely Scenographie (Design for Theatre in english)....

It's pretty cool to say the least! She has worked very hard to get this far. In this province, one must do 2 yrs of college before going to Univercity...she has done very well in the arts program in college..

Each year, there is an intercollege competition...each college in Quebec chooses 5 of their best projects..to then take part in a province wide art exhibit, among all the diff colleges...Cleo was one of the 5 chosen in her college among aprox 100 art students...Her college has a very strong art department....This very weekend, all the chosen go to the city in Quebec that will be hosting the exhibit..3 full days of workshops and activities, meals and hotel is payed for ...the overall winner is chosen for the whole province.
To be among the artists chosen is pretty cool indeed..she leaves for the 3 days, tomorrow afternoon...for a very cool experience no doubt! We are very proud of her!
As for UQAM, she had her interview with her portfolio over a week ago...they had many interviews scheduled before and after her, but the proffessor that looked at her work and talked to her for aprox 30 mins, said he was very impressed with all her work...and that she was "IN "FOR SURE!... She was on a cloud when she got through the whole day in there!

And as much as I was thrilled for her, I as a parent thought, I hope he was serious, and wouldn't say that unless it was really true, given how difficult it was to get in that program. So I held my breath for over a week untill the official paper arrived to confirm everything lol...It is also why I waited to post anything about it lol....Don't get me wrong, I had faith in my daughter, but as a parent I think we are wary of others and also learn that untill it's in writting......yada yada...
Needless to say, I am a very proud mom...and know my daughter will create more wonderfull things, but mostly, knowing she is going into something she will love is priceless....Bravo my belle Cleo, je suis fiere de toi! 0x0x

4 comments:

kenju said...

"knowing she is going into something she will love is priceless"

You said it so well, Moon, and congratulations and bravo to Cleo from me as well!!

Star said...

Obviously, that creative apple did not fall far from the tree, Moon. Congratulations to Clea, and to you.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome...Cleo...all the best....Fran

Anna said...

I wasn't worried, she is YOUR daughter after all! *hugs* :)