Sunday, September 12, 2010

Canadian Maple Spread..

As I had company coming from the states recently, I thought, what could I make as a gift that is typically Canadian.


I found a recipe for Maple Spread! It was really simple and delicious, if I do say so myself.


Before starting though, I wanted to prepare something cute to put it in as I was giving some as a gift. So I went to the dollar start to get inspired lol...


It really is a terrific place to get some ideas that don't cost an arm...


I found some great jars that have a rubber seal..some rafia..and some plastic maple leaves...I had some some sticky lables and a pretty stamp...and voila..pretty and yummy .....


Home made maple spread  1


Home made maple spread 2


and btw, she loved it! We shared some here and I sent her home with some..Recipe below if you want it.

MAPLE SPREAD

-1 cup cooking cream (15%)

-2 egge yokes

-1 cup real maple syrup

-3 tbsp corn starch

-2 tbsp cold water

-3-4 drops of vanilla

In a pot wisk the cream and egg yokes together. Add the maple syrup and bring to a boil on med heat. Aside, mix the cornstarch and cold water....then while continued mixing, add to the pot....Mix smoothly till mixure thickens...then pour into you containers..let cool before refrigerating....

ENJOY!





3 comments:

kenju said...

That sounds delicious! I love anything with maple syrup in it.

Anonymous said...

bought baguettes when i arrived home so I could toast it and remember how we sat at your counter, savoring the delicious, mple spread over the hot bread. I love the little bottles just as much. Thank you again for a wonderful time.

Miss Kassidy said...

Sounds yummy... I've never had anything like that before. I'll bet my 7 year old would LOVE it! Pretty jars btw :)