Saturday, July 06, 2013

Garden Shed Garnished by Garage Sale Finds!

I started this project last yr. I had a bland boring blank slate of a shed starting at me from the deck view......
                                                                      BEFORE...


I just LOVE garage Sales! Unfortunately for me our area does not allow garage sales during the summer monthS! I know! Stupid right? There's gotta be a good reason, but I just haven't found it yet. So spring and fall , usually the long weekends...is the time for Power Saling!...It's also time to think out of the box every once in a while...If u remember one of my recent finds...of an electric chandelier...we removed all the wiring & electrical elements, glued some shot glasses to it, plopped candles in it to hang outside...Total cost with glasses & candles $17...
This week I gathered a bunch of different things I intended to use as planters...
Everything here, except the Bird Bath...(a clearance Avon item ) and the Milk jugs I've had for close to 20yrs...(the white one I painted and stenciled 15 yrs ago....The large Cornucopia, I found in Quebec City for $3, the Cast Iron pot with lid was $2, the little white pot is actually a glass lamp shade I turned upside down..got the 2 of them for $3..
Vase was $3 and there's the other glass Lampshade turned upside down..(I cut a piece of  planting fabric (geo textile) & Styrofoam to put in the bottom to keep from losing the dirt ) It's sitting on an old Ashtray that makes the a perfect pedestal ...$1...
 The old chair was free and the large terracotta bowl on it was $2 ....
Put all together, my garden/pool shed looks more like a quaint little place and makes for a nice view from our deck...I started last yr with a blank slate..Painted the door and edging.., added $2 scarfs as curtains, repainted my old dollar store frogs, the metal sun and above door swirls were things I had for yrs...
Once the flowers fill out much more, things will look even better!! 
What do u think of my quaint little cottage? 


1 comment:

kenju said...

I think it looks terrific, thanks to your creativity!! If we weren't moving, I'd draw inspiration for my pool house from yours!!

I had great ideas for that pool house for 30 years, but never did any of them.