Sunday, July 07, 2013

PreLoved to ReLoved!

We found this adorable log table set at a Garage Sale a few weeks ago. Actually, I spotted one of the little benches first and loved it!My 1st thought was that it looked like a Hobbit's bench to me...When I asked the price, the lady said it belonged to a whole set, as she pointed towards a round table and the other 3 benches with a sticker price of a whopping $30...SOLD!

Now normally I love to haggle but sometimes even I know a darned good deal with I see it! We were lucky because the lady was willing to keep the set until Monday as we were 3 hrs from home. It was our weekend away in Quebec City..and having to cart that set in our vehicle over the weekend would have been cumbersome to say the least!..
I was hoping to find a project that would allow me to use some of the left over paint we had from painting our Deck last Spring. This was just Perfect for that!! I Sanded the tops with a power sander...Nothing fancy as this set will remain outdoors..
And so it begins....Dark Grey for the legs...
Now, I realize this may look weird...just bare with me...I have a plan......and btw, the shutters are for another project to come lol...
This is isn't the panel I used for this project....the ones I did use still had wet paint on them...Basically, it's the same as this one,with different shapes...I used them as a stencil...To make it look kind of like there was a Lace tablecloth on the table ...I painted the edges and parts of the pieces with left over black paint....
So with the panels/stencils in place on the table, on the areas I painted the lighter grey...I then used a can of Black Spray paint to spray over all...and thought the benches would look cute with some random lace on them also...I plan to take a sanding block to the edges here and there to distress it a bit tomorrow...I just couldn't wait until then to post some photos of this set....I have a little parasol I can stick in there for some shade also! What do u think of my quaint Hobbit Set? 

1 comment:

carmilevy said...

Everything you touch turns into amazing art. You create such magic out of every space you touch.